Hola!...Well 10 almost 11 days have passed since I arrived here in Sucre. It's passed so quickly I can barely believe that in 4 days I'll have been here 2 weeks. I really want this year to take forever, but sadly I think it's going to be the opposite and I'll wake up one day and only have a week until I leave-- I am so NOT looking forward to that!
I've spent my first 10 days here making friends, going to school, hanging out at the Plaza, helping mi mama in her store, and taking photos...LOTS of photos, especially of La Entrada which was yesterday. La Entrada is a huge parade(sorta) in honor of la Virgen de Guadalupe who is the protectress / patron saint of Sucre. The parade consisted of many many many different dance groups who danced traditional dances of Bolivia. They all wore elaborate costumes many of which I posted pictures of on Facebook. La Entrada started on the outskirts of Sucre, and went throughout the city, to the Plaza, and then to the main church. It started before I was even awake, I don't know exactly what time, and went until like 2:30 or 3 in the morning. However, I didn't stay that late only til 6 because my host mom was afraid of los borrachos, the drunks. I'm not sure what else to say about it, so just look at my pictures!
Tengo que irme. ~Saludos!
No comments:
Post a Comment