Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Still Waiting!!

So...I figured it'd be a good idea to keep everyone updated on what I've been doing while waiting for my adventure to start. I have turned in my visa application, and I'm guessing the travel agent at It's Your World Travel! has sent it down to the Bolivian Consulate. Hopefully I get it back in 3 weeks or so, that way  I can start my adventure on time, although I don't have a leave date set, just somewhere between the 15th and the 25th. Once I get my visa, I the travel agent at It's Your World Travel! can buy the plane ticket and get me on my way.

I still have not heard from my first host family, but I expect to be hearing soon, definitely before I leave. While waiting on everything to come together, I have kept quite busy. I am trying to cram 3 semester (18 week) classes into less that 8 weeks so I have all of the credits I need to graduate, even if I don't receive any credit for school while in Bolivia. Although I do want a P.E. credit while I am abroad, that way I don't have to take P.E. senior year. Whenever anyone asks me how's my summer going, I always think "what summer?" With the first half of English 11, U.S. History, and Government each, I am kept pretty busy.

But not so busy that I don't visit with friends and family.I have also been taking plenty of pictures to share with everyone I meet in Bolivia. I think I've taken probably 400 photos this summer already. Now I just have to decide which ones of my friends, family and of Oregon I want to print and take with me. Well, I have to get back to school, I have three weeks to finish and take the final exams(EEK!).
                                                                                                ~¡Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment